Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Slithery September


We are the proud parents of baby corn snakes! The eggs started hatching about 3 weeks ago, and within 24 hours we had seven. Six were red-orange in color, one almost-albino cream and white, and one dark brown with lovely orange markings.

We’ve taken a liking to the brown one, very unique markings, the photos do not do it justice. I named it Arthur, though I don’t have a clue if its male or female, nor is the task of sexing corn snakes on my bucket list, so it will be a mystery for now. 



Five have already found new homes, there is one large red still for sale, any takers?

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, you just gave me the creeps with those snakes..no offense Arthur..but tell me, what in the heck are they for? Do they keep a predator away from goats or chickens or farmer people like you? Just asking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No purpose whatsoever. Just pets. Does that make it better or worse??

    ReplyDelete