Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Survived another show

Or should I say 'barely' survived? I felt very old last weekend at the Burton show. I left with bruises I cannot recollect receiving and I managed to keep my 'whites' clean for mere minutes. My aching back I can explain, but why the sore ribs? And butt muscles? Why do I do this again?? Its got to be for the gleaming 5 cent ribbons we so carefully collect and display...

It was an overnight, which meant sleeping  attempting to sleep in a tent on a pad, ill-prepared for the unexpected chill. After cringing through a brief shower without the aid of a hot water tank (brrrr...) and deciding quickly to just wash the important parts, we all settled in for the night. Sunday was more of the same, the morning chill gave way to bright sunny skies and all in all, a beautiful day. My faithful friends / helpers thanked me for the weekend of 'tortuous pleasure' as we departed the show. I brought along 10 goats and am forever grateful for all of their help and hard work.

Thanks guys and congrats on an impressive inaugural show for One Moon Farm!
We were happy with our placings again this weekend. Cammile was 2nd place in both shows, Masquerade was awarded RGCH at Saturday's show and Macy was GCH Togg at both shows as well. Her daughter Mallory won RGCH on Sunday, and Macy's 2012 daughter, May, was awarded 1st place in her class at both shows. Mona Lisa was RGCH junior Saanen both days and Sage was RGCH junior Alpine on Sunday. That means we left with either GCH or RGCH ribbons for every breed we entered, can't complain about that! Looking forward to the Wooster show, always get to spend the day with good friends and lots of laughs. Hopefully no tornado evacuations this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment