Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wanted: Goat Photographer

Most goat owners have, at one time or another, been required to take photographs of their goats. For sales purposes, perhaps, for websites, for advertising. Yet others (not me) may partake in a brightly colored airbrushed T-shirt to ensure that the entire world knows that they are, in fact, the #1 Goat Mom. It seems simple, right? We spend countless hours bottle raising babies so they are well socialized clingy and easy to handle spastic. They've been shown at several regional dairy goat shows, gracefully pranced hopped like bunnies around the ring, stood still for the judge's evaluation tried to bite off his nose. So why, when we pull them out in front of the barn, mere feet from where they are born and raised, do they completely freak out, freeze up and turn immediately into uncooperative little shits??? Examples abound. . .

"There's no place like home...there's no place like home..." 




"Where are the treats? Are they up there?"

"Look in to my eyes...you cannot look away...you will let me in the garden now..."
The leaning tower of Adario

A gazelle yearning to break free

Oooooo! Ticklish...

"I believe I can fly..."

Camera shy
"Ick! A bug!"

"I'm outta here!"

"Must...Get...To...Alfalfa..."
"Was that Elvis?"

"Here I am baby..."

"Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours..."

"I love Stevie..."
Wanted: Goat Photographer. Applications accepted now! Will provide refreshments...

1 comment:

  1. I've been messing around with photography and I'm even thinking about entering a few pics at the fair..but goats? Well, if some yummy cheese is involved I just might try out!

    ReplyDelete