Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Time flies

Today = 2 months until kids start arriving. Yikes! I feel like I just bred them! As it stands now I have 17 bred does, but I just decided to post a couple for sale so we will see. If they weren't so stinking cute I wouldn't put myself through this every year...



We have some breedings we are excited about this year, our 2012 doe kids are all quite strong, so we are hoping to fine tune things this year. In the Alpines, We have the majority bred to Bugs and our first Bugs daughters, Sage and Lottie will freshen this year and we can get a better indication of what he can produce. We bred both Cammile and Sage to *B Windrush Farms Kona Samson, whose dam, SGCH Windrush Farms IRS Saffron is just beautiful and finished high at Nationals the past few years.

In the Saanens, we bred to Mickey again, I didn't dislike any of his kids so far and I want more of them! Mona Lisa was bred to Bugs out of convenience. She will be a first freshener this year and after we evaluate her udder we can choose a more "planned" breeding next year.

For the Toggs, Elina, Emilene and Macy were all bred to Capone. Now that we are off his "all buckling" streak, I admire and have retained most of his daughters and now we will have a few more. Mallory is breds to Rowe's Fairtrade Freetrade, who will hopefully pass down more lovely Rowe genes that she received from Macy's sire, Rowe's Falcon Redbird. Esmerelda and May were both bred to GGF Alpha Snowbuck's Jerry, Snowbuck has several impressive progeny and Jerry's dam, Jayla, is beautiful as well.

Soon anticipation will turn to excitement, then to exhaustion as they arrive by the dozen! For the coming weeks I'm going to enjoy the reprieve from milking and keep stockpiling hay. I am not overly excited about pulling out the bucket feeders and the many many hoses that come with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment