Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 3, 2014

Holiday Round Up


Christmas came and went and I neglected to post my yearly tree pic accompanied by wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season from Capra Lane. So here it is. Happy Holidays!

I think I was a little distracted, Christmas came far too soon after Thanksgiving to really build up any excitement. Plus falling on a Wednesday really put a crimp in my vacation time. We were so swamped with other things we bought our tree at Home Depot- no charming tree farm, no shivering and swearing as we dragged our behemoth tree from the farthest corner of the property. No cocoa from the Santa-ish salesman. Soon it will be goat food and will be appreciated all the same!


Like every year, Kaelyn waited patiently for Santa's arrival. Instead of chewing on the new bones he brought she rifled through a bag of old neglected toys we had put together to donate to an animal shelter. She hid them all over the house - after I collected them for the third time and placed the bag up on a higher shelf she piled her remaining toys in the living room and guarded them for the rest of the day. 



Tinder and Luna jockeyed for position in the sunbeam before Luna decided to be resourceful and use the library table. The joys of owning animals. . . 

Add caption
This year I had the grand idea to wet felt some soaps as holiday gifts. I easily roped my friend M into it as well. 14 hours later we produced these. Cute, charming, unique. . . 'my' bar fell apart in the shower after a few uses. Perhaps I should have tested one before handing them out. I must say, not a very fun process, except for the company, the snacks and the beverages!



Capra Vie topped off the year with several custom ordered gift baskets for the holidays. We annihilated our stockpile of products so soapmaking will resume soon. 


The weather has been crazy to say the least. We've been blessed with frigid temperatures reminiscent of February (during goat birthing!) not November-December and had some serious wind storms the worst of which exhibiting creepy tornado-like qualities.  This trash storage structure easily weighs 500 lbs and was lifted and tossed aside leaving me wondering how our collection of old boats yachts littering the driveway managed to survive. We lost some gutters, some shingles, some insulation but not too bad. Several of our neighbors lost roof sections, century barns were torn to shreds and previously wooded properties became barren in a hurry. 


I did say I always wanted a pond. But not between me and my house. We are entertained by Dick Goddard's weather forecasts frequently - "Don't Drown, Turn Around!"


So I promptly drove through it. At one point, there were whitecaps. It thankfully receded before the deep freeze came, we've lost bumpers and license plates trying to play Titanic in the past.


It's time to take a break from Holiday feasting.


I don't want to see a ham for a long while.


Unless its attached to one of these!



I'm even ready to say goodbye to the pizzelles for the year! 


But I know someone who may disagree. . . 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays! It was great to see you in surgery today...thanks for posting this really funny run down on the farm during Christmas! Hope you all have a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete