Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hectic Weekend!


I've officially reached kid overload! This, combined with the fact that several of my does have gone 8-12 hours past their induction times has made for a long, sleepless weekend. Five does kidded this weekend, bringing our total so far to 19 kids, 10 does, 9 bucks. First, Minney delivered twin bucks, and though I'm disappointed to have not gotten another doe kid from Capone, we do have a few 4H orders to fill.
Lunetta, bred to Munchin Hill Kapston, gave me triplets, 2 bucks and 1 doe. 2 sundgau and one pied. As the pied kid was delivered, I saw the flashy markings and pink freckled nose and really, really hoped it was a doe, but of course it was a buck. He's very tall, still a bit gangly, but appears to be very correct. He will be offered for sale, Lunetta has greatly increased her mammary capacity as a second freshener.
Queen Elina kept me waiting until the wee hours of the night, but finally delivered 1 doe and 1 buck, both of whom are gorgeous! The doe kid will stay with me, the buck will be offered for sale. Emilene, daughter to Elina, delivered twins as well, 1 buck and 1 doe. The buck kid will be offered for sale, still deciding on the doe kid. Emilene greatly resembles her dam, even more so after freshening, and we can't wait for her to increase production over the next few weeks. Last, Francesca, who was bred to Mr. Big, a Togg for experimentals, kidded with twin does, both Saanen type. I was a little surprised that neither had any significant Togg features, but one does have lavender Togg-colored skin, most notably on her face and ears, and I think she is quite cute!
I already swore I wouldn't be tempted to keep any of the experimentals, but I think I know someone who may want this one!

Thanks to my mom, Sue, Joe and Meg for help 'birthin babes' this weekend and also to my neighbors for saving me from the killer bird and providing us with a great dinner and even better wine Saturday night.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys have been busy! The new baby goats have Roger's eyes!

    We should get together when you have time to come up for air.

    Dean and Suz

    ReplyDelete