Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 28, 2011

First show of the year


After a week of hoof trimming, coat clipping and udder shaving we loaded up our trailer to head to the WRDGA show in Burton Ohio. 

Cammile went RGCH over several other lovely Alpine does. Elina and Emilene, mother and daughter, were 1st place in their respective age classes. Lola, my alpine kid did a stunning Stevie Wonder impression, swaying her head left to right as she dragged me across the ring. Despite this, she took second place in her class, second to the alpine who ended up being awarded best junior doe in show. 

Mallory, a long bodied Togg senior kid, showed in the AOP class against a handful of Oberhaslis, dancing and jumping her way to a 1st place and was awarded GCH in the class. Yeah, collar training is overrated. My embarrassment over the behavior and stubbornness of my kids goes away when they do well! They always seem to calm down as they grow...



A special congrats to Miss Moon who dominated the PeeWee showmanship class on her very first trip to the show ring. She definitely earned her blue ribbon. I also attribute Mallorys win to Una, who led her around the ring gracefully even when she was being uncooperative and trying to walk on 2 legs. Una helped Mallory earn her GCH title and deserved the right to show her during 'Best in Show' on her first official day as a showman. Congrats and thanks for your help!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Moly, you blogged about a thousand things in a million posts! I love the weather shots, the clouds do look amazing. I also love the coop. If I were to ever have chickens, and I just might try, that would be the house I want! Congrats on the goat show and since I don't know a thing about those I will just say that little girl is adorable! Now, lets just hope the rain does slow down so I can get my garden in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me- No social life so I update late on Saturday nights and catch up for the week!

    ReplyDelete